There are three ways that we acquire used instruments: trade, consignment, and direct purchase. We are interested in all good quality stringed instruments, from manufacturers such as Bourgeois, Collings, Froggy Bottom, Fairbanks, Gibson, Guild, Huss and Dalton, Martin, Santa Cruz, and Vega. We are particularly interested in vintage instruments.
All instruments must be in perfect structural condition before we hang them on our wall. We work with excellent repairmen, so restoration and renovation of older instruments is a viable option. If we directly purchase or trade in your instrument, any necessary repairs will be factored into our offer. If you consign your instrument with us, you must pay for all repairs before it goes up for sale.
We love to take trade-ins. It both increases our stock and allows us to offer vintage or unusual products. If you are within driving distance, be sure to bring any potential trade-ins to the shop. If you are considering a purchase at Maple Leaf Music, even if you are not sure you want to trade, you are welcome to bring your instrument in to compare it with what we have.
There a few different ways to work trades from a long way away. You can either send us your instrument before we ship your new one, or you can receive your instrument from Maple Leaf first, and if you love it, then send your trades to us. This is one of the details best worked out over the phone on an individual basis. Either way, you are responsible for shipping charges on all the instruments.
We welcome consignment instruments. Here are our parameters.
- Selling prices will be agreed on by Maple Leaf and the consigner. Our consignment fees are as follows:
- 30% of the selling price for instruments under $2,000
- 25% for instruments between $2-3,000
- 20% for instruments over $3,000
- We will take photographs, write descriptions, and put your instrument on our web site. Because of the labor and time involved in this process, we request that you leave the instrument here for at least 6 months.
- We will need permission to ship your instrument (fully insured) out on approval to potential customers.
If you have instruments to trade, consign, or sell, please call us at 802-254-5559 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!